Easy product returns
You can return the product without providing a reason within 14 days.
This product is available in our stores
Milled Tigernuts (flour) produced from chufa sedge is characterized by a unique sweet flavor and is an ideal product for many applications. It delivers our bodies all healthy components which chufa sedge contains and may have many applications in nourishing and dietetics. It is a product substituting any type of flour. It is considered flour and an additive suitable for bakery, since having a high content natural sugars, it allows for avoiding excessive sweetening (so, it is a good choice for those suffering from diabetes). The high content of fiber makes it a very healthy product, and we all need an appropriate daily portion of fiber.
- 23.56% fat (oil rich in Omega 3 acids)
- 21.23% sugars
- 24.13% fiber
- 26.54% starch
- 4.15% protein 400 kcal / 100 gr
- 4.77% water
- Magnesium (Mg): 1070 mg / kg
- Sodium (Na): 206 mg / kg
- Potassium (K): 7100 mg / kg
- Phosphorus (P): 2557 mg / kg
- Calcium (Ca): 179 mg / kggluten-free
- does not contain nuts
- various applications in dietetics
- recommended for diabetics
- a great alternative to white flour
- fiber source
- contains large amounts of resistant starch, a prebiotic that has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the digestive system
- contains magnesium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, iron, zinc
- source of healthy fats (oils rich in Omega 3)
- unique taste makes it have many uses in the kitchen
- due to the high content of natural sugars, it is ideal for sweet and salty dishes
- works perfectly when baking bread
- addition to muesli, yogurt, cereal bars or pancakes.
- is used to prepare horchata, an extremely healthy plant milk that has always been associated with the culture of Spain
- great addition to cocktails
Confectionery: Due to its high content of natural sugar, it constitutes a perfect raw material for cakes, biscuits and any types of bakery. It is a perfect product to use in a gluten-free diet eliminating saturated fats.
Cereal bars and snacks: Chufa flour may be combined with muesli or used as an ingredient of cereal bars and snacks. It gives our breakfast a unique taste and supplies our diet with several nutrients. It is a perfect source of natural fiber, which enhances the regulation of the sugar level in the blood, as well as controlling the body weight and serves the improvement of our well-being. Chufa flour may also enrich yogurt, which makes it a healthy and balanced meal.
DENOMINACIÓN DE ORIGEN CHUFA DE VALENCIA
The customs and traditions of every nature, including nutrition, are values that are passed down from generation to generation and create the culture of a given community. That is why the former Agriculture and Environment Council (Consellería) approved the Regulation of 25 September 1995 el Reglamento de la Denominación de Origen Chufa de Valencia.
The council watches over us with the quality of chufas and protection at every stage of production: sowing, washing, drying and selection. In this way, the consumer is guaranteed that in shops and on packaging RAW chufas, ground almond flour, which have the logo of the Regulating Council (Consejo Regulador), meet the requirements of the required quality.
Determination of origin is a guarantee of quality and confirmation that allows you to distinguish between quality products on the market and those from other countries. In addition, it acts as a sectoral platform that allows the implementation of initiatives such as research on chufas, promotional campaigns and legal actions protecting producers, traders and contractors to meet illegal competition.
Hermetic packaging. Store in a dry and cool place after opening.