Easy product returns
You can return the product without providing a reason within 14 days.
This product is available in our stores
Tigernuts oil has a light amber color, and the smell and taste are very delicate and pleasant. The first recorded use of chufa oil dates back to Ancient Egypt, where it was used as a culinary additive and a skin regenerating agent.
Tigernuts oil is definitely richer in unsaturated fatty acids (83.8%) than in saturated fatty acids. Oleic acid plays a major role, but palmitic, linoleic, stearic, myristic and palmitoleic should also be mentioned. Chufas oil can be an interesting alternative to olive oil in terms of both usability and physicochemical properties.
As with cyprus tubers, there is scientific evidence that chufas oil was used for the first time in ancient Egypt. It was used as a seasoning for dishes, and Egyptian women used it as a basic ingredient in the creation of skin care substances.
Oil extraction: The oil is obtained by cold pressing by extruding cleaned tubers in a manner similar to traditional olive oil production.
Saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids content.
Tigernuts oil: 11% palmitic, 77% olein (OMEGA-9), 8.5% linoleic (OMEGA-6)
Olive oil: 14% palmitic, 72% olein, 9% linoleic
Sunflower oil: 9% palmitic, 72% olein, 63% linoleic
Tigernuts oil has antioxidant properties, due to the content of vitamins E and C, as well as mainly monounsaturated fats, which makes it a product recommended in the diet of patients at risk of cardiovascular disease.
Nutrition: The oil has a mild and pleasant taste and fragrance with a hint of earth and chufa tubers. It is considered a cooking oil because it resembles olive oil, which it outperforms in terms of quality. It is a great addition to salads, meats and fish dishes, and is also used to prepare alioli sauce and all other sauces and spices.
- Cold pressed
- High concentration of oleic acid
- Low acidity, which translates into unique taste and health values
- It is characterized by a slightly nutty aroma and golden color.
- Perfect for salads, meat and fish, sauces and marinades
- Belongs to monounsaturated fatty acids like olive oil and hazelnut oil, macadamia nut oil, avocado oil and apricot kernel oil
- Higher smoke point than olive oil, which makes it suitable for frying.
- Almost ten times higher content of phytosterols than olive oil, which can lower cholesterol by interfering with its uptake at the intestinal level.
- It has antioxidant capacity due to the high content of vitamins E and C, which makes chufas oil recommended for people with cardiovascular disorders and atherosclerotic lesions.
- Consumption does not cause lipid accumulation in internal organs that could provoke health problems.
- It is important that chufas oil is made from tubers from Spain due to the long and careful drying process, which increases the concentration of essential fatty acids, making it more intense in taste and healthier
DENOMINACIÓN DE ORIGEN CHUFA DE VALENCIA
The customs and traditions of every nature, including nutrition, are values that are passed down from generation to generation and create the culture of a given community. That is why the former Agriculture and Environment Council (Consellería) approved the Regulation of 25 September 1995 el Reglamento de la Denominación de Origen Chufa de Valencia.
The council watches over us with the quality of chufas and protection at every stage of production: sowing, washing, drying and selection. In this way, the consumer is guaranteed that in shops and on packaging RAW chufas, ground almond flour, which have the logo of the Regulating Council (Consejo Regulador), meet the requirements of the required quality.
Determination of origin is a guarantee of quality and confirmation that allows you to distinguish between quality products on the market and those from other countries. In addition, it acts as a sectoral platform that allows the implementation of initiatives such as research on chufas, promotional campaigns and legal actions protecting producers, traders and contractors to meet illegal competition.
Store in a dry and cool place after opening.
Do not let the spring-summer color of this soup fool you. It fits perfectly in every season of the year. Her biggest advantage is that she does it herself. I would recommend!
Do not cross the salty porridge before you try it! It's delicious! And its preparation takes a moment!