There is nothing easier and smaczniejszego than horchata is made in house. For her taste affects primarily the quality of chufas tubers. Spanish chufas are produced in accordance with the requirements of the Denominación de Origen and are characterized by very detailed and lengthy drying process, which directly affects the color, smell, and, above all, the taste horchaty. The concentration of the important unsaturated fatty acids above that the taste is more expressive.
The ingredients needed to make horchaty:
- 250 g chufa de Valencia
- 1 liter of very cold mineral water
- Optional to your taste: maple syrup, cinnamon, fruit
- Chufas soak in water, about 8 – 12 hours in order to hydrate and remove any impurities.
- It is recommended to change twice water.
- Strain and purified chufas tubers pour 1 liter of very cold mineral water.
- The tuber and water thoroughly in a mixer.
- Then with a cloth to strain the pulp from the resulting milk plant.
- This white drink that is horchata. Traditionally in Spain this drink is quite sweet. You can add a spoonful of honey, maple syrup or brown sugar. We, on the contrary, we recommend version 100% natural.
- In addition to horchaty we can add a stick of cinnamon and a few drops of lemon.
- Horchata drink chilled.
Really that easy and delicious?